Sun, 05 Apr|
Open Studio Day
Pop in & see the artist at work! Today Carolyn is working with luxuriously soft Merino wool to create hand rolled beads. Pop in & browse the crafts, enjoy the incredible beach view & take a coastal walk along Cantick Head. NOTE: WE ARE CLOSED AS A PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE.
Time & Location
05 Apr 2020, 11:00 – 15:00
Beach Gallery, Kirkhope Bay, Cantick, Hoy, Orkney, UK
About the event
Pop in & see the artist at work! Today Carolyn is working with luxuriously soft Merino wool to create hand rolled beads. Why not combine your visit with a coastal walk at Cantick Head & then pop in to see us? You can sit & look out over the bay with a nice mug of tea. What could be nicer!
You don't need to book a place - just pop in!!
Please make sure you check timetables for ferries and buses.
As a guide, here is a suggested itinerary if you are travelling from Stromness to Kirkhope as a foot passenger on a SUNDAY during the Winter season (October to April inclusive)
1. Depart Stromness on Graemsay Ferry 09:30 Arrive Moaness 10:00
2. Community Bus Depart Moaness 10:00 Arrive Kirkhope10:45
(you are advised to book this bus route because picking up from the Moaness ferry is at the drivers discretion)
3. Visit Beach Gallery 11 till 12.30
4. Leisure time 12.30-4:30 to spend on the beach or walking along Cantick Head
5. Bus Depart Kirkhope 4:30 Arrive Moaness 5:20
6. Ferry Moaness to Stromness 5:30 arrive Stromness 5:55
This is a guide only - please check with current timetables.
Open Studio Day£0.00